Each year HALO brings in an estimated 30-50 wounded veterans from around the country to participate in multiple morale-building events. These events aid our wounded veterans in their recovery and reintegration to civilian life.
Our Mission is to honor those who served our great nation by helping our warrior participants overcome obstacles from their physical injury (amputation, paralysis, burns, Traumatic Brain Injury) or a non-physical injury (PTS -Post Traumatic Stress). Our unique way of taking on these challenges allows us to help our warriors by getting them involved with many of our “Weekend to Remember” activities. These Activities include:
- Tandem Parachuting with Team Fastrax into Texas Motor Speedway located in Fort Worth, TX
- NASCAR Experience at Texas Motor Speedway where warriors actually drive a NASCAR vehicle!
- Hog Hunting from Helicopters with S2 Helicopter Services
- Target Shooting from Helicopters with S2 Helicopter Services
- Rappelling from Helicopters at 200 Feet!
- Bow & Arrow Shoot at Fort Grard Guns and Archery – Weatherford, TX
- Long Range Shooting using military platforms such as the Barret .50 caliber Sniper Rifle
- Machine Gun Shooting with weapons systems they used in Iraq & Afghanistan such as the .50 caliber machine gun, M249 Squad Automatic Machine Gun, and MANY others!
- Night Bow fishing from Air Boats at Lake Ray Roberts with Team Full Scale Assault
- A Night out at Billy Bobs Texas – The Worlds Largest Honky Tonk located in the historic Ft. Worth, TX stockyards
During the “Weekend to Remember” we are able to visit many places. Here we can educate many about what our heroes have endured and what they move on to accomplish after their injuries. Some of these visits take place at:
- Weatherford High School
- Locally owned businesses
Our warriors’ constant participation requires them the need to refuel. Many of our meals take place in town and some come to us. These include:
- Breakfast catered by a Wagons for Warriors during our time at Fort Grard Guns and Archery
- Luncheon at Autobahn Motor Car Group located in Fort Worth, TX
- Dinner at Cattleman’s Steakhouse located in the historic stockyards in downtown Fort Worth, TX
- Pizzas and sub sandwiches we order from local restaurants
To end the “Weekend to Remember” our warriors, special guest, and many others rally for our Western-Themed Gala. This year we are back at Sedona Productions in Fort Worth, TX. Our Gala consist of a tasteful dinner, drinks, live auction, silent auction, and special guest speeches from Generals, Astronauts, Medal of Honor Recipients, Hall of Famers, Special Operations members, and many more.
All of our activities cannot take place without the proper funding. As a true nonprofit (not one person gets paid) we rely on the public, sponsors, and patriots like yourself to help raise the necessary funds to provide our warriors a well-deserved “Weekend to Remember.”
If you would like more information on how to become a SPONSOR please visit our “Sponsor the Weekend to Remember” button below.
We hope you can join us in honoring those who gave for our freedom by giving them a “Weekend to Remember!”
-HALO Board Members